|Junior Dylan Gausman threw the first no-hitter of the NACC era for Concordia (Wisc.).
Concordia (Wisc.) athletics photo
MEQUON, Wis. – Junior Dylan Gausman threw the first no-hitter of the NACC era for Concordia University Wisconsin as the Falcons defeated Maranatha Baptist University, 4-0, Friday at Kapco Park. Gausman finished the no-hit bid with 11 strikeouts.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Maranatha Baptist 0
- Location: Kapco Park – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-13; Maranatha Baptist 7-18
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gausman (Eagan, Minn.) was in control, fanning 11 Sabercats, a new career-high. He issued one walk and another Maranatha Baptist batter reached via an error in the fourth.
- The no-hitter was the first for the Falcons in games dating back to the 2007 season, which constitutes the first year CUW joined the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference. CUWFalcons.com is still trying to find out the last no-hitter in program history.
- The offense gave Gausman all the support he needed with a run in the first when junior Mitchell Dubnicka (Hartland, Wis.) singled in junior Matt Schubert (West Bend, Wis.) for a 1-0 lead.
- The Falcons would add a run in the fifth and two more in the sixth for the 4-0 final. Schubert drove in senior Brad Jacob (Raymond, Wis.) in the fifth, while junior Isaac Tewes (Chaska, Minn.) and senior Nate Van Ells (Greendale, Wis.) drove in runs in the fifth. Tewes brought in his run on a double, scoring Dubnicka.
- CUW collected just five hits themselves in the 1:45 game. Dubnicka led the way with two hits, while Schubert stole three bases.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The 11 strikeouts for Gausman ranks tied for fourth most in a game during the NACC era. Derrick Pankow struck out 11 or more batters six times, including a program-best 14 on April 11, 2010 against Concordia Chicago.
- The Falcons visit Lakeland for a NACC doubleheader tomorrow. First pitch from Sheboygan, Wis. is set for noon.